Re: RRED Shirt Day for STMFC at Naperville

Bill Welch

Tim:

Surely you have noticed that on Saturdays there are a group of us running around in Hawaiian shirts. Mr. Jim Singer purchased a bunch of these one year and gifted them to his posse, Mark V., Stan R., etc and then it spread to a few more of us with a passion for freight cars (to keep us inside the rules of this list). Thank you to Dennis S. from Dr. D. and myself for keeping us young.

I have to go now. I am in a panic because I cannot find either of my shirts!

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., "soolinehistory" <destorzek@...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@..., Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@> wrote:

Hmmmmm. And what exactly distinguishes a "red shirt" from a "vest"
(as in: "vesties"). What is this costume/uniform theme all about?

Just wonderin'.

Tim O'Connor
The wearers of the red shirts tend to be younger than vesties, and probably have more hair; otherwise, not much.

Dennis