Re: research, index, db...

Charlie Vlk

Tim brings an important bit of information up in his note..... I was not aware that the scanners had a "descreen filter" which (I looked it up on Google) eliminates problems you may get from scanning printed materials that have halftone dots. Since many of us do scan reference materials this information may prove to be useful.
Thanks,
Charlie Vlk

I concur. Digital bits take up very little space! Just use the
"descreen filter" on your scanner and put something dark behind
the page to limit bleed-through. And you can sell the magazines
at a flea market instead of throwing them out.