Re: Intermountain 8K Tank Car - Accuracy?

dakkinder

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, John Golden <golden1014@...> wrote:

Brothers,

I have a project I'd like to complete using the Intermountain 8K tank car
model.  Is this thing accurate?  Are the major components correct enough to
justify putting in 6-10 hours of detailing effort?  I seem to recall Ted Culotta
panned it at Cocoa a few years back, but I don't recall his major complaints.
Thanks for the help--enjoy Naperville!

John

John Golden
Bloomington, IN

In my opinion the tank is not bad and looks accurate but the rest of the car is not that good the undersurface has molded on detail almost toy-like and there is some chunky details.
The Proto 2K type 21 8 thousand gallon tank car in my opinion is the SH#% that might be an alternative for you .

Doug Von Kinder