From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of John
Golden
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2010 8:44 PM
To: stmfc@...
Subject: [STMFC] Warning Labels

I told my wife today that the next time I say I'm going to paint a model with
water-based paint, that she should take the biggest, heaviest iron skillet we
have and SMASH ME over the head with it first. It would be a much more
efficient means of causing pain and complete frustration.

Today, in just 45 minutes, I managed to ruin the roofs and ends of three FGE
cars and a GN DS box car with splotches, blobs, paint oceans, and other
problems from using water-based paint. I should've known better. And this
was after spending mucho Johnny-bucks on paint and thinners, cleaning the
airbrush for 45 minutes, cleaning numerous clogs and malfunctions, and most
importantly wasting an hour away from the wife and kids. My reward for all
this effort? Another four hours of work. Next the models will get
sandblasted (again), then dried, then painted with good, old fashioned,
sticky-but-perfect Scalecoat.

No kidding; that stuff should have a Warning Label on it that reads something
like this:

Warning: This stuff approved for bush-painting only. DO NOT not attempt to
airbrush. Using this paint with an airbrush will cause irritation, anxiety,
frustration, anger, and homicidal behavior. Excessive smashing of nearby
items
may result.

Rant complete.

John Golden