Re: Naperville model

Andy Sperandeo <asperandeo@...>

I liked Clark's gon loads too. That's an easy technique that some of us probably overlook.

When I saw Mont Switzer in Naperville last week, I made sure to tell him how much I liked his "Model Railroader" article on gondola loads, "Authentic loads enhance operations" in last July's issue. Mont made a series of loads for three of the steps on a gondola's four-step waybill. For the fourth he sent the NYC car home empty (via the IHB at Hammond, Ind., as I recall). It's a kind of modeling to support operation that more of us operators could be doing.

So long,

Andy

Andy Sperandeo
Executive Editor