Re: Durable Stirrups?

Bill Vaughn

A line brass steps work great.

--- On Tue, 11/9/10, wabash2813 <reporterllc@...> wrote:

From: wabash2813 <reporterllc@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Durable Stirrups?
To: STMFC@...
Date: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 9:15 AM

I've been communicationg with a manufacturer recently about the delicate HO stirrups on their freight cars. He is of the opinion that there is no alternative and still keep them to scale size. It seems to me that after market parts are much more durable and we do have some flat wire versions that are scale and durable. And I believe Details Associates makes some out of a flexible plastic material? He is going to send me spares on a sprue but I think in the long term I would rather replace them with something more durable.

Folks what are your thoughts on this?

Victor Baird

Fort Wayne, Indiana