From: Tim O'Connor
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 3:43 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Chateau Martin box car

Charlie,

The 1003, 1005, 1006, 1008 were all ex-GPEX General American-Pfaulder
milk tank cars. I wouldn't be surprised if 1002-1009 were all this type.

I think 1001 was unique.

Also I think the "patch job" version of 1001 was its originally second
hand appearance, until it was fully repainted for Chateau Martin. So it
was short lived in that scheme (less than 2 years?).

The scan I have of GPEX 1003 also is a "patch job" where the milk company
lettering is painted out.

Tim O'Connor