Re: Shipping Rose Stock By Rail

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Dave Evans wrote:
I suspect when Bob describes Rose "stock", he is referring to actual rose plants, not cut flowers.
Yes, and my post confused that point by mentioning cut flowers also. The Tyler, Texas rose business was rose plants, as well as I can remember.

There is a slight chance J-P may have been in Ohio, I just can not recall.
Jackson-Perkins is pretty much national. They have a very large facility just south of Portland, Oregon but doubtless have others around the country. Incidentally, the Portland location is far from coincidental--a major holiday in Portland is the spring Rose Festival, as it's a terrific climate for roses.

Publishers of books on railroad history