Re: Suncoast Models FGEX Wood Kit

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

I built this kit many years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed doing so. It is a still a personal favorite; and as a model it has garnered unsolicited praise by some pretty tough critics, particularly as relates to "what one can really do with wood craft kits". As I recall, it was one of the few kits produced with a fully proper floor and underframe construction, albeit without rivets, etc. (wood). The instruction sheet seemed worthy of collection just by itself.

A current builder would have the advantage of substituting some of the high grade current cast or molded details for those included in the original kit, plus the opportunity to add/substitute more detailing not included. A fine more-thin running board comes to mind.

Building wood craft model kits has been - and still is for me- one of the most satisfying parts of this hobby.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento