Re: Was: cement travel: Small town cement dealers

Tim O'Connor

There's a large batch plant in my town, Sterling MA, and it's mainly
known for its huge quarry operation (the afternoon dynamite blasts can
be heard and felt 3 miles away). But most traffic out of the plant
is concrete mixers, not gravel trucks... and I've never seen a single
cement (dry-flow) truck in 10 years of driving in this town. So I'm
guessing that the proportion of sand & gravel to cement in concrete is
very high indeed!

Tim O'Connor

At 11/20/2010 02:32 PM Saturday, you wrote:
That is usually called a concrete batch plant.� Where they mix the cement and fly ash with sand and gravel, sometimes other things and water to make concrete which is then sent to the construction site.� For large projects they may mix the concrete on site.

Cyril Durrenberger