Re: Was: cement travel: Small town cement dealers

Clark Propst

Haven't mixed any concrete by hand in 30 years. The ratio is on the bags sold at the lumber yard.
Clark Propst

There's a large batch plant in my town, Sterling MA, and it's mainly
known for its huge quarry operation (the afternoon dynamite blasts can
be heard and felt 3 miles away). But most traffic out of the plant
is concrete mixers, not gravel trucks... and I've never seen a single
cement (dry-flow) truck in 10 years of driving in this town. So I'm
guessing that the proportion of sand & gravel to cement in concrete is
very high indeed!

Tim O'Connor

At 11/20/2010 02:32 PM Saturday, you wrote:
That is usually called a concrete batch plant. Where they mix the cement and fly ash with sand and gravel, sometimes other things and water to make concrete which is then sent to the construction site. For large projects they may mix the concrete on site.

Cyril Durrenberger