Re: TH&B and PGE cars in the states circa 1957

Bill McCoy

Thanks to everyone who replied. It looks like PGE was after my date but the TH&B 3000 series cars were regulars.

Next question. Is the IM 10'6" 8 rung ladder with Canadian sill step end ladders and the 4/4 ends correct for the TH&B?

If so I need to hunt for one.

Thanks as usual.

Bill McCoy
Jax, FL

--- In STMFC@..., "benjaminfrank_hom" <b.hom@...> wrote:

Bill McCoy asked:
"I know CP and CN cars came to the states in the 50's but did cars
belonging to other Canadian carriers (PGE, TH&B, NAR, etc.)come south
of the border in 1957?"

They most certainly did. Here are some examples from 1950 from Rutland shifting lists in Armand Premo's collection:

Boxcars
Car / Train No / Date
TH&B 3074 / 9 / 17-Nov-50
TH&B 3096 / 9 / 29-Nov-50