Athearn SFRD 50' Reefer and Accumate Proto:HO

Charles Hostetler <cesicjh@...>

I'd like to apply Accumate Proto:HO couplers to several Athearn SFRD reefers. Examining the underframe and reviewing the photos in Richard Hendrickson's RMJ article suggested to me that this may be a difficult installation, particularly to preserve the appearance and at the same time the mechanical stability of the coupler box. I thought it would be best to check whether anyone has had any experience with this coupler installation before I started experimenting...

Thanks,

Charles Hostetler
Goshen IN