Re: Unsual routings?

al_brown03

I'm not sure I understand the car-service rules. The following is a question. Using an SFRD reefer loaded in Minnesota as an example: consignment to Illinois, where the Santa Fe goes, would be within the rules; but consignment *through* Illinois to somewhere beyond, e.g. Pennsylvania, wouldn't?

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

On Dec 9, 2010, at 10:10 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Tony is doubtless correct that these cars were captured by the local
carrier and loaded for destinations in the east in violation of the
car service rules....
Richard Hendrickson
Richard, an SFRD reefer loaded in Minnesota and consigned to anywhere
in Michigan, Minnesota, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee,
Mississippi,
Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Arkansas --
or to
ANY STATE serviced directly by the Santa Fe -- could be in 100%
compliance
with AAR Car Service Rules as spelled out explicity in every ORER.
(Pages
748-754 of the January 1953 ORER.)
Tim, at the risk of flogging a dead horse, those cars weren't
consigned to any of the places you list. They were consigned to New
York. And that's definitely a violation of the car service rules as
spelled out explicitly, etc.

Richard Hendrickson