Re: Unsual routings?

Tim O'Connor

Richard

I relish horsemeat :-) Ah... the big Ah... IF the route in ANY PART
were to touch Santa Fe rails, then there is NO RESTRICTION on the
destination.

So for example, a load from Minnesota might be routed to Fort Madison
Iowa to Santa Fe rails first... and from there to New York. Without the
exact route we can't say whether the car was in violation or not.

Tim O'Connor

Tony is doubtless correct that these cars were captured by the local
carrier and loaded for destinations in the east in violation of the
car service rules....
Richard Hendrickson
Richard, an SFRD reefer loaded in Minnesota and consigned to anywhere
in Michigan, Minnesota, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee,
Mississippi,
Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Arkansas --
or to
ANY STATE serviced directly by the Santa Fe -- could be in 100%
compliance
with AAR Car Service Rules as spelled out explicity in every ORER.
(Pages
748-754 of the January 1953 ORER.)
Tim, at the risk of flogging a dead horse, those cars weren't
consigned to any of the places you list. They were consigned to New
York. And that's definitely a violation of the car service rules as
spelled out explicitly, etc.

Richard Hendrickson