W.A Drake/Red Caboose GATX tank cars

Bill Welch <bwelch@...>

I received two undec. models today of the General American 8k tank cars done by the above. They are certainly much nicer than the earlier production cars done recently by Overland. The tank is particularly well done IMO. Will consider one ro two of the decorated models too.

It is curious to me that the manufacturers of assembled plastic models can bring them in from overseas undamaged by the thousands but the brass importers cannot seem to copy that ability with a few hundred. Both arrived with similarly bent brake staffs (Hey maybe I should check photographs to see if they are supposed to be that way) and placards boards twisted etc.

Bill 'Welch <bwelch@uucf.org>
Associate Minister, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fairfax
P.O. Box 130 Oakton VA 22124 www.uucf.org
Telephone 703 281-4230 Fax 703 281-5399