From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Ed
Hawkins
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 1:08 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] DT&I gon color

On Dec 14, 2010, at 11:41 PM, cef39us wrote:

Were the DT&I 7000 series gons painted freight car red during
their entire life, or were they painted black during some period.
I am mainly interested in 1951. I knew they were FCR in the late
1950's and into the 60's, but in looking at photos I thought that
perhaps they were black during a period in the 1940's leading into
the 1950's.
Chet,
The only paint specs I have located for DT&I gondola cars were for
series 9100-9299, built 7-52, AC&F lot no. 3607. Entire car painted
black with white stencils.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED