Re: Sugar beet loads

Richard Townsend

The article I remember seeing suggested baking the anise seeds. This would tend to drive off some of the oils in the seeds, reducing the smell when they are on the layout. I image it would tend to stink up the house during the baking process. I bought some anise seeds some time ago, and I plan on baking them in a couple of weeks when my wife is away on a trip. I should be able to get the house aired out before she gets back. Probably just leaving them out, exposed to the air for a long time (weeks or months) would also tend to have the smell slowly dissipate.

I'll have to dig out the article when I get home. Or was it a post on this list?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon