Intermountain RR CO's Shortcomings-STILL

Andy Carlson

Marty from Intermountain says:
The 12-panel boxcar ( and once someone sends me prototype
drawings of the "proper" SP doors we'll tool them, .............
Marty

Excuse me Marty, you have had the GN (and later, the SP) 12 panel cars out for several years now. I have mentioned, along with dozens of others, to IMRRCO the faults of these cars (incorrect use of the early camel-youngstowwn doors; 7 rung ladders for the SP car's ends- should be 8; That miss-shapened roof you pass off as a murphy rectangular panel roof; and and ride height) and I get "Oh, I didn't know that." It is also a sad commentary that for the correct doors you need "someone" to send you prototype photos to "tool them". 4/6/6 Improved Youngstown door pictures are not rare, undoubtabely you have countless examples in your own library, and just a little research would show this door is correct for the SP AND the GN/SP&S cars, as well. Though it would be refreshing if someone might admit that accuracy isn't that high of a priority with IM, the modeling community would prefer to see just a little more effort to achieve your slogan's claim of "simply the best" , which currently is just a line guarenteed to prompt laughter.I was hoping that your hiring would change things, not just get a little more PR exposure.
Also, I suggest throwing your Canadian 8 rung ladder tool in the scrap heap, .020" rungs look like something Front Range did 20 years ago.
Look at improved youngstown doors from Red Caboose and Branchline, then compare with what you offer.
I could go on, but I would rather see your product line to be taken more seriously by you folks.

Andy Carlson