Crystal Car Line

william darnaby

I am painting a Sunshine GATX 8k Type 30 for the Crystal Car Line. The data sheet has one photo that is dark and I cannot see any delineation between red and black although the data sheet describes the upper 3/4 of the tank as red. FWIW, I have an ancient Atheran metal tank that is a fair representation of a 10k Type 30. It is painted for Crystal Car Line but the tank is only red above the lower rivets and between the ends and dome. The dome, the area below the dome as well as the ends are black. Culotta's tank car book features a silver tank variant which I can't do because the decals are silver.

Any opinions? Facts would be preferred <g>.

Bill Darnaby