Red Ball B&O wagon top

ed_mines

--- In STMFC@..., Jedalberg@... wrote:
I built one of those, in about that time frame, or maybe a few years
earlier. Worst part was bending all of those lead side/roof sections around a
pencil. as I recall; and then, getting them all together--even. The Sunshine
B&O round roof boxcars were a snap after that---

I made a jig to bend the soft metal sections. Using the end as a template I pencil marked the curve on a scrap piece of lumber. Got one of the mechanics in the factory where I worked it on a do all saw (I wasn't allowed to use the saw).

The rivets on those sides were gigantic - maybe 2 scale inches +.

Ed Mines