Re: Illinois Coal industry, was: IC "Chiselled Side" Offset Twins

Benjamin Hom

Steve Lucas wrote:
"Ironically, were I modelling seven years earlier than 1956, I'd instead
need models of B&O hoppers that carried coal to Lindsay and Peterborough,
Ontario across Lake Ontario on the car-ferry from the former BR&P near
Rochester, NY! Of course, THOSE are available RTR... :("

In which plane of existence? I challenge you to produce said RTR B&O
hoppers - outside of the Class N-17 cars offered by Intermountain, there
aren't any on the market. Kadee won't offer B&O as one of their offset
twins because the great majority of the B&O's cars had Duryea cushion
underframes and end detail differences from their model. The huge Class
N-12 and subclasses aren't available in any form.

Ben Hom