Re: Peabody Coal Hoppers

Tim O'Connor

Look for "Peabody Short Line", reporting marks PSL. There were 180 cars
in interchange service in 1959. I have a good shot of PSL 6424 (from Dan
Smith's slide trading collection) with 1957 stencils. Also a 1960 shot of
two PSL hoppers on the M&StL.

Tim O'Connor

The reporting marks PCCX were first used 10/57 and according to the NRHS were in captive service from 10/57 through 10/66.

Rich Orr

I may have missed it, but I don't recall seeing anything about this distinctively-lettered fleet in all the
years I've been on the list. Because they are such a striking color, they appear fairly often as commercial
models, but I wonder if they ever really were in interchange or merely were in captive/company service?

Jace Kahn, General Manager
Ceres and Canisteo RR Co.