Re: Incorrect Kadee PS-2 covered hoppers (P&WV)

wm501jra

Which series of P&WV PS-2's were sold to the WM in 1959? The WM bought 45 of them, they were built in May of 1956. The 1965 ORER shows only 15 in service in the series #1950-2049. The WM pics of these show ASF A-3 70 ton roller bearing trucks which were unusual on the WM as they prefered Barber S-2 roller bearing trucks.

Wondering if I need to renumber my Kadee car. I have noticed Kadee has put the correct trucks when possible on some cars.

Jeff Adams

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Larry Kline <lndkline@...> wrote:

The plain bearing trucks on Kadee 8632, P&WV Road #1955, are correct.

I wish they made O scale cars.

Larry Kline
Pittsburgh, PA

Tim O'Connor wrote:
Oh and I forgot, every one of the Kadee PS-2 covered hoppers to date with plain bearing trucks, has the wrong trucks.