Re: "Albin Burroughs" = Robert Schleicher?

Richard Hendrickson

On Jan 30, 2011, at 9:48 AM, Anthony Thompson wrote:

Jerry Glow wrote:
I think he (they?) were into the model racing car thing before model
railroading.
Certainly Bob was into sports cars and sports car racing many
years ago, which allows him to edit that magazine with lots of his own
vintage sports car photos. Whether he also did model racing cars in
those days I don't know. Maybe Richard Hendrickson can answer.
Bob and I were both into sports car racing in Southern Calif. in the
early 1950s, and later found that we knew a lot of people in common
without having ever, as far we can recall, met each other. Bob
pursued an interest in slot car racing during the years he edited MRG
and RMJ, and had been editing the slot car mag for some time before
RMJ folded, so of course he continued with that. None of this has
anything to do with freight cars except (loooong reach) that in the
late 1960s I shot some of the freight car photos that are now in my
collection while driving a small block Shelby Mustang, which even
shows in the background of a few of the photos. Also, it just
occurred to me that for a number of years both Bob and Hal Carstens
at RMC drove Morgan +4s and I was at one time crew chief for a racing
+4. Life is full of interconnections. But enough of this, as in the
distance I hear the clanking of the jailer's keys....

Richard Hendrickson