Re: The steam era, 1960

Max Robin

I'm afraid I side w/Richard on the date issue. By 1960, I was
looking for older freight cars still in photographable condition and
had ZERO interest in the contemporary equipment except as it impacted
my job in the NYC mechanical department.

My model railroad has been designed and is operated as a dual era
railroad: 1926 and Oct. 1948. The '48 date would be more like '44
except that I couldn't resist a certain group of west coast logging
wengines which were sold off in 1948.

As several of my close modeler friends are fond of saying, "a PS-1,
what's that?"
email: m_robin@cheatriver.com
alias kathe@cheatriver.com

smail: Max S. Robin, P.E. voice: 973 - 627 - 5895
Cheat River Engineering Inc. or: 973 - 627 - 5460
23 Richwood Place / P. O. Box 289
Denville, NJ 07834-0289