Re: PS-0 end drawings needed

Jim King

Jim, I have some bad news for you. As far as I know, that end was never
drawn in the CBC, anyway, the drawings that have made it into the CBC do not
really contain enough information to completely define the surfaces of the
ends.

I would suggest you identify as may car series as possible that had the end
in question, the contact the Pullman Library at the Illinois Railway Museum.
IRM is the repository for the largest collection of extant Pullman and
Pullman-Standard drawings, and should have what you need. You can contact
the curator via E0mail at:

<Ted Anderson> <mailto:tedander%40core.com> tedander@...

Dennis

Dennis . in my CBC issues from 1953 onward, there are numerous, highly
detailed drawings of ends and doors that I routinely use to create CAD
models for patterns. Yes, not every dimension is shown but a high-rez scan,
enlarged, printed and scaled image will yield sufficient information using a
scaling factor and calipers. In some cases, I've worked off broadside
photos with only 1 know dimension. It can be done without builder's
in-process drawings, just not as quickly.

Attached is a photo of the "PS-0" end (or whatever you want to call it) that
TC boxcars used. These were built in 1941 and rebuilt in 1958 with diagonal
panel roofs and door opening corner braces. Doors and ends are
as-delivered.

Jim King

Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.

Ph. (828) 777-5619