Re: OK, What Kind of Truck is This?

Tim O'Connor

I didn't say it was a GOOD design. :-)

Tim

Yeah, Tim, but I still don't see anything that looks like a "steering arm", or a "steering arm center connection". What I do see are stops on the bolster that would lead me to believe it is some sort of swing motion truck, after all, the traditional swing motion trucks rely on swing links, under tension, to do their job. We can't see what the casting under the bolster actually does; with enough side play, the cable would act as swing links, although I don't see how they would lift the weight of the car, which is required to bring the truck back to equilibrium.

Then again, since these were apparently never commercialized, maybe the inventor missed that part, too.

Dennis