Re: SP F-70-7 FLAT CARS

Schuyler Larrabee

Tim, you're forgetting how Cliff Grandt became a superior modeler, and why
he began his line of parts. He photographed his models and blew them up so
as to be sure they were accurate. If you modeled these shafts with square
stock and did that, you could see them.

Actually, I'm not so certain one couldn't see square vs round at .015".
Flats reflect light differently than rounds. But then, maybe your
eyesight's not what it was?

SGL

Not at all -- try finding square wire with a .015" cross section!
And even if it existed, no one would be able to see the difference.

Tim O'

At 2/12/2011 06:11 PM Saturday, you wrote:
Guess that rules out the Music wire.

SGL

Pardie wrote:
Since I have broken mine does anyone know if the brake staff and
the SP F-70-7 flat cars should be round or square?
Square, Bill, and likewise on all flats at least since WW I.

Tony Thompson

=======
=======

=======