Re: parts is parts (was B&O wagontop)

Jim Mischke

Wayne said:
" .... if all RTR or near-RTR cars could be easily disassembled enough to enable replacing the steel plate ....."

Fortunatly, the Chinese mostly use Crazy Glue to assemble the cars, which is fragile at cold temperatures. Stick your RTR car in the freezer for an hour, and bonded parts can then be persuaded with a knife to separate.

If the Chinese discover and use solvent, we are up the river without a paddle.

--- In STMFC@..., "lifeisgood_u2" <goodheart05@...> wrote:

For any manufactures watching this thread in addition to "Greedy Idiot Manufacturer" (I love it)and who still use steel plates to weight their cars, I would like to pile on with the free-rolling truck/magnetic uncoupler ramp interactions problem. This has become significant now that even some "average" trucks are so free-rolling. In addition to the fine points made in this thread it would be a significant contribution to the "fun" part of model railroading if all RTR or near-RTR cars could be easily disassembled enough to enable replacing the steel plate. Of course better yet would be to use a non-ferrous material in the first place.

Wayne