Re: LRX Image...

drgwrail

I am positive I have seen a drawing of a LRX car with the two center truss rods
in a publication such as Railway Mech Engr, Railway Gazette, etc.  But have
never been able to find it again.  There was a cross

section that showed a casting at the center beam where the roads supported the
center beam.

This was a complete drawing, not an article about modifying the cars. Keeping
searching for it. The mystery continues!

For what it is worth, I was a pretty consistent Lackawanna "train watcher" from
about 1938 through WWII and don't ever recall seeing LRX or DL&W
refrigerators in trains except those repainted red and ice in the DL&W's huge
ice business. I think the road's need for refrigerator cars ended aroung 1940.
But I do remember the yellow reefer that waas displayed at the Scranton depot
along with the 4-6-4, a covered happer, and a caboose before going to the "39
World's Fair.

Chuck Yungkurth

Chuck Y
Boulder Co