Re: Atlas HO USRA Steel Rebuilt Boxcar

rwitt_2000

Tim O'Conno wrote:

There is a 1950's Virl Davis photo of SLSF 128436 in Model
Railroading,
June 1988, p. 17. The SLSF car had 5/5/5 ends, and when originally
rebuilt
had "grabiron ladders" on the corner, which were replaced with real
ladders
later (e.g. as seen in the above photo). But the car kept its original
roof
as Ben says, and also kept its Andrews trucks.

There's a late 1940's shot of SLSF 129529 in Railroad Model Craftsman,
September 1989, p. 56. This one really shows the B end beautifully,
and
this car has an earlier paint scheme, and the original "ladders".

Ben, or someone else a while back, posted a composite photo of SLSF
129534
with two shots of an Atlas 8-panel model. So those are three SLSF cars
that
can be modeled with the Atlas 8-panel car -- but someone says these
only
exist in N scale? From the composite photo I can't tell the scale of
the
model.

Tim O'Connor
Since, we are discussing USRA re-built boxcars there is a duplicate
slide on eBay of an apparently very freshly painted PRR X26c. To bad the
photographer didn't get the entire car. The caption reads "
Pennsylvania Railroad Boxcar #106394 in Peoria, Illinois on March 19,
1956" .

http://tinyurl.com/6cfdt85

Bob Witt