Re: triple hopper question

Frank Valoczy <destron@...>

Hi Al,

I'm in TT scale; if I were in HO, then my tolerance with regards to
details like that would be rather more strict. The model-to-come will be
developed using drawings and photos of PM cars, so they should be correct
for that and NYC, but overall, no, that's not an essential feature. Maybe
in ten years' time, though... technologies such as 3D printing have been a
great gift to TT, and I can only see the situation improving.

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC

al_brown03 wrote:

The NYC and PM series you mention both have the "sloped-stepped"
end-side-sheet taper. Is this an essential feature? To me in HO it would
be; but I've forgotten what scale you're in.

-- apologies for any obscurity --

-- Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Valoczy" <destron@...> wrote:

Hi,

Wondering if anyone might be able to help me a bit... I'm trying to
determine what all could be modelled with a 3-bay offset-side hopper
visually like the NYC 904000-904999 or PM 15000-15249 series.

I already know of a number of such, but went through the ORER looking
for
other possible matches, and am curious if anyone can confirm or deny
these. I'm looking for cars that are visually similar - if it looks
right
at first glance, that's good enough - right number of panels, etc; minor
dimensional difference (within a foot) aren't important - I don't have
the
variety of available models you HO guys do, to let me be quite that
picky!

So the possibles I found...

CIL 4501-4601
CN 108600-109099, 109105-109954, 119000-119499
CP 360000-360724
DT&I 1600-1649
Louisiana & Arkansas 4400-4799
M&StL 66001-66499