From: richtownsend@... <richtownsend@...>
Subject: [STMFC] No joy
To: STMFC@...
Date: Monday, February 21, 2011, 11:11 AM

Bill,

I had no luck at the library with Railway Age. I searched the indexes for "refrigerator," "car, freight, refrigerator," "car, refrigerator," and "fruit growers" and found nothing referring to the experimental cars you are interested in. In fact, I didn't find a single mention of FGE from 1909 through the 1920's. I was at the University of Oregon library, and they don't have Railway Mechanical Engineer, but that might be a likely place for what you are looking for.

Would you be interested in a 1917 RA article on B&O reefers? They ended up in FGE, didn't they? It has no overall plans, but there are several detail drawings and cross-sections.

Richard Townsend

Lincoln City, Oregon

=