CG 7115 PS-1

John Hile

Hello All,

In researching Kadee's CG PS-1 #7115 (CG 7000-7299 blt 4/52) I ran across some conflicting information...

First, the model (Kadee #5111) was produced with a silver roof and running board to represent an un-painted galvanized finish.
see: http://www.kadee.com/ca/40ps1/40ps1b.htm

The Central of Georgia Railway Historical Society web site says this car should have an oxide red roof.
see: http://tinyurl.com/5uvk9ar

Railway Prototype Cyclopedia #4, p 28 says the roof should be black - black car cement.

Can anyone clarify for me what color the roof (and running board) should be for this car when it was new.

-John Hile