Re: Murphy ends with vertical ribs

soolinehistory <destorzek@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "Frank Valoczy" <destron@...> wrote:


Not to make a big issue of it, but all the references I've seen to the
ends on the PM cars with the vertical 8+8 ribbing called it a Vulcan end;
I've never seen any reference to vertically-placed Murphy ends.

I personally don't know beans about PM boxcars, but didn't Fritz Milhaupt just say in message 97935 that the PM diagram specifically called these out as "Murphy" ends? I thought that since Mr. Million passed away, Fritz was the go-to guy for things PM.

Now, Mr. Milhaupt's reference is apparently a railroad company diagram sheet. There is, of course, the possibility it is in error. Care to cite you references?


Join to automatically receive all group messages.