From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@comcast.net>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Proto 50' boxcar roof removal
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 9:27 PM

I make the rough cut using a Dremel circular saw blade, to remove most
of the roof. Then nip and sand off the rest. A knife?? No way I'd try that.

Tim O'Connor

At 3/1/2011 04:54 PM Tuesday, you wrote:
These cars (unlike Branchline) have the roof cast with the sides, not as a separate piece. I have altered similarly made accurail cars by cutting repeatedly along the roof with an exacto knife even with the inside of the sides. If you own a dremel using it would be much easier. The stub of the roof edge can be taken off with a file/sanded upside down on sandpaper glued to a sheet of glass or other flat surface.
Regards,
Mike Aufderheide