Re: Reefer question - moving fish?

Frank Valoczy <destron@...>

Now that's an interesting thought... would express reefers have run over
lines with no passenger service, to get loaded up with said non-frozen
fish?

And if the fish was frozen, whose reefers were most common in that part of
Michigan?

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC

Tim O'Connor wrote:

Non-frozen fish moved by express reefer, if it travelled by rail!
I don't want to think about what fresh fish would be like after
travelling for a week or ten days...

Tim O'Connor

Several locales in Michigan's thumb are listed in "The Pere Marquette in
1945" as being commercial fishing centres, and I've seen some photos
showing aspects of this as well.

I'd assume that fish would have been moved by reefer; I'm curious as to
whose reefers would be most likely to have transported said fish around
1952?

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC

!DSPAM:1291,4d7278a4308689839269039!