sanding sticks source?

Dean Payne

Rather than journey to my not-so-local hobby shop, I went to a large craft store looking for sanding sticks, but they didn't have any. I thought that was a possible source, dimly remembered... or was there a suggestion to look in the cosmetics aisle of the drug store?
I looked and found you could order refillable sanding sticks from Walthers, or maybe I should just get a new set of needle files. I think the sanding sticks are available in finer grit, though.
I guess the question is: can you get useful sanding sticks from the drug store, or are they basically no better than cheap emery boards?

Dean