Re: ARA steel box car underframe

Greg Martin

Earl and all,

Get a hold of Mike Bradley and Mark Kerlick and if you live near by take a
trip to Sharpsville, PA there are two in fairly good condition there, one
still steamline equipped. Mark crawled under the car and took some very
impressive slides for my brother for an up coming X-29 article. The cars
also shows the use of wood (oak) "longitudinal floor stringers" you mentioned
which throws another wrench in the works from what we perceive to be correct.
Also, let's hope Bill didn't copy the AB Brake system from the Red Caboose
kit and found the correct drawings and used those.

Earl wrote...
<<Thanks for pointing out that at least <some> X-29's did in fact have floor
stringers>>

Greg Martin
Pac Nor Wester