Re: Charles Winters photos

Bill Welch

Actually this collection went to a well known collector of diesel photos whose name escapes me. However Jay Williams has been "renting" the freight negatives and has been selling prints for a couple of years now.

I would still contact Mr. Vollrath, as he has some freight car photos of his own.

Bill Welch

On Mar 8, 2011, at 6:40 PM, O Fenton Wells wrote:

I'm trying to track down some Southern freight car photos. Does
anyone know
Charles Winters and how to contact him. Is he still selling photos?
Alas, Charlie Winters died several years ago. It's my understanding
that his collection of freight car photos (most taken by George Sisk)
went to Harold Vollrath. The e-mail address I have for Harold is
<hkvollrath@...>.

Richard Hendrickson