Re: Panel side hoppers

A. Premo <armprem2@...>

Marty,The CV had some weird applications of panels that were not uniform.Photographic evidence is necessary to insure any degree of accuracy.Armand Premo ----- Original Message -----
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 11:01 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Panel side hoppers

Armand,

You're correct - the CV cars were smaller than the USRA cars which is why I started with a Bowser GLa car body.

Stan makes a kit to convert the Bowser GLa into the one-of PRR panel-side car. I have two sets of his cast resin blister panels since the arrangement of the panels was different on the CV panel cars. To duplicate it I needed two of Stan's kits. I'll have some leftover panels that I may use to do a "partially panelized" cars.

Marty

--- In STMFC@..., "A. Premo" <armprem2@...> wrote:
>
> Marty,Just compare the dimensions.AFAIK the CV never owned any USRA hoppers.I have yet to try a panel on Bowser's GLa type to model the CV's hoppers.Doesn't Accurail have a paneled hopper?.Armand Premo
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Marty
> To: STMFC@...
> Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:28 AM
> Subject: [STMFC] Re: Panel side hoppers
>
>
>
> That's why I started with the Bowser car when I wanted to build a few of these (see the first issue of Model Railroad Hobbyist).
>
> I have one of Stan's panel side conversion kits to make a panelized XCV car, but haven't finished that project yet. It would even be possible to make a model of the CV's "partial panelized" car Don referred to in his note.
>
> Also, in the February issue of MRH I included a picture I took showing the photo books on display at the last CVRHS meeting. The picture showing in the notebook happens to be one taken during the rebuilding of the hoppers with the blister panels.
>
> Marty McGuirk
>
> --- In STMFC@..., "A. Premo" <armprem2@> wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately the CV cars mentioned were not USRA cars,but dimensionally close to Bowser's GLa s.Armand Premo
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: Don
> > To: STMFC@...
> > Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 1:49 PM
> > Subject: [STMFC] Re: Panel side hoppers
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> Internal Virus Database is out of date.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 8.5.449 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2804 - Release Date: 04/11/10 06:32:00
> __________________________________________________________
> Mortgage Rates Hit 2.99%
> If you owe under $729k you probably qualify for Gov't Refi Programs
> http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4d7798528fc44129f57st01duc
>
>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internal Virus Database is out of date.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.449 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2804 - Release Date: 04/11/10 06:32:00

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.