Re: Panel side hoppers

A. Premo <armprem2@...>

Marty,The CV had some weird applications of panels that were not uniform.Photographic evidence is necessary to insure any degree of accuracy.Armand Premo ----- Original Message -----
From: Marty
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 11:01 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Panel side hoppers

Armand,

You're correct - the CV cars were smaller than the USRA cars which is why I started with a Bowser GLa car body.

Stan makes a kit to convert the Bowser GLa into the one-of PRR panel-side car. I have two sets of his cast resin blister panels since the arrangement of the panels was different on the CV panel cars. To duplicate it I needed two of Stan's kits. I'll have some leftover panels that I may use to do a "partially panelized" cars.

Marty