Re: Air Brushing sorta OT

gettheredesigns <rick@...>

Hi Jon, "detergent" oil was developed for systems that actively filter the oil, like a car engine. The detergent additives keep particles suspended in the oil so they will get filtered out. In a machine like a small compressor, the oil is not filtered. Non-detergent oil allows wear particles and dirt to settle out in the sump where they can do no harm.
Peace, Rick Aylsworth

--- In STMFC@..., Jon Miller <atsf@...> wrote:

Using my compressor (used to airbrush freight cars;-) ) I have
often wondered why they need to use non-detergent oil?

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941