9th NE Proto Meet is June 3-4 in Connecticut; a few presenters needed

Dave Owens

Please note:
If you are seeing this in more than one place, please pardon the
cross-posting. Likewise, if you know of a forum where information
about our meet would be relevant, please cross-post it. We do most of
our promotion in online forums as we are a low-budget operation.

Greetings all:

This year's New England/Northeast Prototype Meet is Friday and
Saturday, June 3-4, the weekend after Memorial Day, at the Canton
Community Center, 40 Dyer
Ave., Collinsville, Connecticut.

A special feature of this year's meet will be a focus on Amtrak, which
is celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2011.

We have also hae a terrific group of clinicians who will share their
skills and knowledge. We'll have a
clinic list and scheduled posted shortly on our website,
www.neprototypemeet.com. A registration form is already posted there.
Clinics, the model display and other programs are scheduled for Friday
and Saturday and layout open houses on Sunday.

As with all proto meets, the model display is a key element. We urge
all attendees to bring models to share. There is no judging so please
don't be concerned you and your work will be held to some arbitrary
standard. Locomotives, rolling stock, structures, vehicles, etc., are
all encouraged
and welcome.

We also have a terrific group of vendors and manufacturers who plan to
attend the meet, including Bob's Photo, Atlas Model Railroad Co.,
Branchline Trains, Rapido Trains, Sheepscot Scale Models, Funaro &
Camerlengo, Speedwitch Media, Stella Scale Models, the Hobby Gallery
and several others, The meet pre-registration fee is $25, the same
it's been the past several years. Registration at the door is $30.

If you’re interested in presenting a clinic or program, or opening
your layout to meet attendees, please contact me. We’re always on the
lookout for new presenters, programs and layouts.

We hope you can join us. Questions? Contact me at neprotomeet@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Dave Owens and the NE Proto Meet team

--
2011 New England/Northeast Prototype Modelers Meet
June 3-4, 2011 (Always the weekend after Memorial Day)