Re: Pacemaker boxcar usage off-line of NYC

al_brown03

OK. (Thanks, Ben!) So presuming the caption's accurate, it follows that these cars indeed wandered off-line, in violation of the rules, at least occasionally. To judge whether it was very rare or less so, I'd need to study a big stack of wheel reports or conductor's books. Gut feeling: modelling a Seaboard branch in Florida in 1949, I don't want one of these. I like my weird exceptions to be subtle enough that operators don't notice them.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:

Al Brown wrote:
"'I seek wisdom: does the car in Sisk's photo conform to the
requirements, or not?"

It does not.  The dead giveaway is the lack of dimensional data and LT WT
stencil.

Ben Hom