Re: Tichy Rebuilt boxcar question

jerryglow2

I cut it off and replaced it with sheet and strip stock for mine.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., "Charlie D modeling the Mopac http://mopac51.tripod" <omahaduck@...> wrote:

Jerry - if I can sand off the Tichy kit's roof without too much damage I'll use the new Frisco decals you just sent me. I'd rather have a Frisco car than another P&LE on the layout.

Charlie Duckworth

--- In STMFC@..., jerryglow@ wrote:

If it's unbuilt it makes a good basis for a Frisco 8 panel USRA rebuild from a DS car. I just did decals for it in 3 versions (with and w/o "Lines" in a small herald and large herald with Frisco Fast Freight on the right. The latter started being applied approx late '52 with possibility of the others esp w/o "Lines" in '54.

The ACL set is also good for the same bash.

Jerry Glow
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/decals.html

--- In STMFC@..., "benjaminfrank_hom" <b.hom@> wrote:
Unfortunately, these cars were never relettered for NYC, and other NYC rebuilt boxcars differed in height and ends. However, Sunshine did mini-kits (Jim Hayes Number "MK-15B", consisting of ends, center sill, decals) converting this model to Wabash 82000-82513 boxcars equipped with auto racks. This conversion could also be the basis for similar Wabash DS boxcar rebuilds - see my rebuilt boxcar spreadsheet in the files section for more Wabash possibilities.

Ben Hom