-----Original Message-----
From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
Schuyler Larrabee

The question about whether stock would be unloaded from one car for rest and
watering, then loaded onto another road's car for further movement, was
discussed in detail on some list recently; I thought it was this one, but
perhaps not. At any rate, it was established that the >common< procedure
was to reload the stock back into the same car they arrived in, but that in
the meantime, while the stock was being rested and watered, the car would
also be cleaned out and resupplied with fresh bedding, water and whatever
else the stock required for the rest of the journey. Only in the event of a
car failing some inspection and being taken out of service would the stock
be reloaded into another line's cars.

When you think about it, this only makes sense, as the cars required a "rest
stop" as much as the stock did.

SGL