Re: Sergent couplers

Clark Propst

Yes, If you want to slow things down those couplers will do the job.
Clark

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, William Keene <wakeene@...> wrote:

Clark,

I have been using Sergent couplers for several years and am quite pleased with them. Operations so far have only been on a 2 x 8 foot switching layout. But the current much larger layout -- in the design and engineering phase -- will see their use also. I should add that all of my trackwork is within 24-inches of the front of the layout. There is no remote uncoupling required.

I have found that I switch a good deal slower with cars equipped with Sergent couplers than with Kadee couplers. To me, this reduced speed seems more prototypical. Did you find this to be the case also?

Happy Operations,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Mar 21, 2011, at 9:39 AM, cepropst@... wrote:

Had the opportunity to operate for a bit on a layout using Sergent couplers last Saturday.

The look fantastic! They uncouple much easier than Kadees, but making sure they were in alignment when coupling was frustrating at best for a first time user.

We (traveling car load) decided that if we were building a small layout or detailed models for display they would be worth considering.
Clark Propst