Re: "MACHINERY LOADS FOR GONS" ARTICLE (UNCLASSIFIED)

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Thanks, Richard. It is good to hear I was not hallucinating.....at least not
at that time.....at least I think so.

Yes, yes, the rest of you, I think I am kidding,

Sorry, being serious, at one time, I tried to keep track of how many tarped
loads I was seeing, and what colors. The majority of tarps were either green
or a dark dirt color. I have no idea why, but it seemed those two colors
dominated.

The wood appeared mostly to be furring strips, maybe, of roughly 1 x 3",
unlike the blocking, which was much larger. It would be easy to replicate,
even so far as to make pin holes for the nails.

While many tarps appear to have covered machinery and manufactured goods,
they still used tarps to cover coils of steel, which I would guess was
unfinished and being shipped elsewhere for finishing. This is also an easy
load I've done.

Elden Gatwood