From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Tim
O'Connor
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2011 1:42 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] RE: B&O circle T

Question 1. What does the "Circle T" indicate?

Answer: From my understanding it is an indication on the car that
the car was approved for less than carload use. (Time Saver Service

-------------------------------------

Are we certain of this Circle T interpretation? I ask because the
Nov-Dec 2006 issue of B&O Modeler mentions that hopper cars received
a "Circle H" emblem if they were reconstructed with money from the
Reconstruction Finance Corporation. Other hopper cars received a
"Circle X" emblem if they were not in revenue service, and were only
to be used for company coal.

Jim Mischke has provided the LCL explanation to STMFC before (2005 and
2009), but no one ever cited any source documents for this. I'd hate for
us to be spreading mythology instead of facts. The Circle T for LCL is
plausible... but is it factual?